Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE Problem

• Please log in to reply

The_Shadow_630

The_Shadow_630

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Hey,

I have posted about this same basic problem once before, may have been in another forum, not sure, but anyway, I will post here and hopefully get more attention to it. Recently, I have been having a little problem with IE. When I have more than one window open, and close one of them, it comes up and tells me that there was a problem with the program and it proceeds to close all of the IE windows that I have open. Now, in the other post, I was unable to get an error message, and the problem seemed to have fixed itself somehow, but it is doing it again. Now I can see the error message when it comes up and it reads as follows:

The instruction at "0x77f5171c" referred memory at "0x023d0010" The memory could not be "read" Click OK to terminate the program.

On clicking OK, it proceeds to close every open IE window. Please help, I have no clue what to do at this point. I am working on getting all the latest updates from Microsoft at the moment, but that takes a while with Dial-up. Any help that anyone could give would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo,
have you tried the internet explorer fix?
thanx
James :whistling:

The_Shadow_630

The_Shadow_630

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Hey,

I have decided that this is the last straw with IE and I have converted to Firefox. I never knew what I was missing. Firefox is much faster than IE and much mroe reliable. I am never going back to IE. Thanks for the suggestion though.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
yes...that is very true, however you you need internet explorer to update your computer.
thanx
James

Edit: Are you still able to update your computer through window update or not?

Edited by james_8970, 10 April 2006 - 03:56 PM.

The_Shadow_630

The_Shadow_630

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Automatic Update it enabled on my computer, so I do not have to go to the webiste to do it, it just takes forever is all. That is the fault of my dial-up connection though, not the browser or anything.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
ok as long as it works
James :whistling:

The_Shadow_630

The_Shadow_630

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Hey, just a little update, it appears that there were some plug-ins that were causing the problems. Once I diasabled them, there has been no more issues.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
k glad to hear it :whistling: