Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Soundblaster Live! 24-bit HELP

• Please log in to reply

DOH!

DOH!

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Hey guys I just baught this new sound card, after I had it installed in the case itself. I tryed to install it on my computer to recognize it. But there was no CD :blink: ! There was a CD case, but no CD. Couldn't tell you why, and they wouldn't refund it, or swap it out. For whatever reason, I just wont be doing buisness with them anymore. I downloaded the drivers I need for the card itself, but it doesn't recognize it, cause the card isn't recognized by the computer. I don't know what to do, if someone could point me in the right way, or possibly just give me a link to what I need to download. Here is a link to the card itself.

http://www.soundblas...6&product=10315

:whistling: :help:

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
The file you need is this one.

Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit and Sound Blaster Audigy LS driver 1.04.0055 (11.91 MB)

Its really the only one. If you did not get a add hardware wizard when you installed the sound card try reseating the card in the pci slot. If that does not work the card may be bad and you will have to return it for a new card.

The only time i ever got a dead sound blaster ( out of dozens i've bought) is when i bought one off Ebay. Ended up reluctantly giving the guy a bad review after going thru Ebays resolution center and not getting anywhere.

SRX660

DOH!

DOH!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Awesome, that did the trick, silly part was I already had that downloaded... Thanks again man!