Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help speeding up my computer

• Please log in to reply

Aiwendel

Aiwendel

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello I have an image here showing all the system processes running on my computer and I hope someone will look through it and tell me what I can safely disable and possibly remove.
Posted Image
Any help is apriciated, :whistling:

Edit: let me tell a littlebit about what I use my computer for.
Basically all I do is play videogames and surf the web with firefox. Every now and then I get some music from bit comet.
I see some processes like Itunes and stuff which I'm not using and I cant find it on my computer to delete it either.
Also I anticipate theres a lot of other stuff there I dont need.

Edited by Aiwendel, 10 April 2006 - 01:44 AM.

Advertisements

Jazmeen

Jazmeen

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I'm no computer wizz of nuthing I mean I havelike a big prob with my computer right now but (this opion is completely my own and probably not correct :whistling: ) i think you can buy something to add to your computer to make its thingy go faster or soething you'll have to get someone to confirm that. =) >;]]

Aiwendel

Aiwendel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I'm no computer wizz of nuthing I mean I havelike a big prob with my computer right now but (this opion is completely my own and probably not correct :blink: ) i think you can buy something to add to your computer to make its thingy go faster or soething you'll have to get someone to confirm that. =) >;]]

Yeah but I'm not really lookin to upgrade my computer.
Just trying to figure out what I can safely delete to speed it up :whistling:

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
go to http://startuplist.geekstogo.com/ to see which items you can live without at start-up. :whistling: