Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FIREFOX vs IE?

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Does it have extensions and themes though, and does it still use those stupid toolbars?

Advertisements

roguetrader

roguetrader

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Slightly off-topic but the soon-to-be-finalised IE7 has closed the gap considerably,

Have to agree with that, I have been using Opera for a little while now, mainly for the tabbed browsing, and security. But the main issue I have is that we are talking "browsers" The primary function of which should be to .......browse? Unfortunately I find myself having to crank up IE to the rescue when Opera fails in its primary fuction. Granted, it's not a lot of sites, but I fail to see why there should be any, barring possibly MSN's own sites, where they may like to sabotage other browsers.
So I will be looking very closely at IE7.

MkLoe

MkLoe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
In my opinion a must for firefox is Firetune found it in tutorial:

There is one utility to auto-optimize FireFox called FireTune. This will change the values like the ones that you see above, along with many other advanced settings that will substantially improve page load times and browser speed.

I use it, amazing increase in speed