Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Repairing problems: corrupt NTFS.sys and fastfat.sys

• Please log in to reply

Biezema

Biezema

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've got two problems at this moment.

The first is I get the message "system32/drivers/NTFS.sys is corrupt" when I start my computer. It should be possible to repair it by using the XP-home-edition-cd. So the message and the help topics on the internet suggests

There I get the second problem.

When starting up the XP-home-edition-cd, it failed before reaching the first help screen. I get the message, "fastfat.sys is corrupt" or "tffsport.sys is corrupt" by trying it another time.

So I can't start my computer and I can't fix it.

please help. Thanks a lot!

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
did you add RAM to this machine recently?

Biezema

Biezema

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Yes, about 6 months ago. It works oke til 3 weeks ago.

I removed the RAM and now it works again. The question is now: how can is use the RAM without problems? Do I have to change some settings? Which?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Something has changed recently...some sort of program was added that pushes your machine over the previous ram use--the ram has always been bad, but the bad memory address was not being used.

you could possible alter your ram settings to a slower speed, but that will not change the fact the ram is bad or incompatible with your pc (it may work in another pc if you can swap with a second machine, but unlikely)

Best bet, all ram has a "lifetime" warranty. Contact the manufacturer for a new stick