Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

finding a keystroke logger program

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

computernewb

computernewb

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I'm looking for a FREE keystroke logger that I can d/l from the internet to help me monitor my childs online activities. I want something that is not hiding any sort of dangerous virus or trojan ...

Any links or suggestions for something i can d/l from the web would be greatly apprecited. I went to this website ....

is this a safe place to d/l from? others? thoughts? suggestions?

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Although we sympathize with your concerns, I have different thoughts on how you should handle your child's online activities. I think putting the computer in a public place and letting them know that you can at any time view their surfing history would work better and open a line of communication with the child.

You can set limits on what types of pages they can view by setting their internet explorer to a medium or high level that prohibit the viewing of offensive pages.

computernewb

computernewb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thank you for your quick response. Currently there is only one computer and it stays in the living room. all offensive content sites are blocked already.

I think the debate on "communications with my child" (who's 13) is a philosophical one and not appropriate in a computer forum.

Having said that, I have a right to know whats going on in my home and if my child wants 100% privacy they'll need to have there own place. Until then every so often I want to know what he's talking about.... My wife has my passwords to my email accounts and visa versa. If there is nothing to hide it shouldn't matter... I'm sure the parents of the columbine killers wish they would have been as like minded as myself..

Now back on topic.... Ideas for key stroke loggers that are free to d/l would be greatly appreciated. (something that does not contain a virus of trojan)

I appreciate your concern on my childs behalf and this is in no way ment as a flame.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Keyloggers (and the like) are things that we help remove here. I will not get into a discussion about how/why you should deal with your children or your computer, but I can tell you that you will not get this kind of help here.

Anyone providing this kind of information here at Geeks To Go will be dealt with swiftly.

ScHwErV :whistling: