Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Exchange 2003 Delays

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I am starting to get alot more delivery delay notifications on my exchange server. I am looking to see if anyone knows why this happens. Is there something I can do to get rid of the delay?

Thank You

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
depends...

are they all going to a paritcular domain? Are they internal or external emails? Are there any patterns as far as who is sending and who is being sent to?

Sometimes, this is as simple as adding more ram to the system, sometimes it is on the other end (your emails are being blocked), sometimes it's an antivirus program on your server having to work too hard

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
My personal emails have been to 2 seperate domains, but clients across the network have had issues with many different domains. The emails originate locally to external domain names. I have yet to see a pattern to help diagnose this.

This server was just put online and I doubt that it has anything to do with hardware. It is a 3Ghz Intel, with 2GB of ram and 2 250GB hard drives. The only thing the server has on it, is Symantec for Mail and Exchange.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
did you update Symantec? may be a patch

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
Have the latest and greatest.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I'm reluctant to suggest removing norton even for a short period of time, but I would be curious as to the result

Any errors popping in event viewer?

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I can not remove symantec from a production enviorment exchange server, and I do not see anything in the event viewer.