Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

System Vulnerabilities

• Please log in to reply

yellowflower

yellowflower

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Micro Trend Housecalls has shown me that I have 40 different vulnerabilities. I have not up-dated windows to Service Pack 2 or beyond. I can't get the Windows Up-date page. I have Service Pack 2 on a CD. My question is - should I do all my up-dates first or go to the vulnerabilities pages and download the patches on each vulnerability one at a time.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
When you say it shows that you have vulnerabilities, do you mean it shows you have viruses?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
also..why can you not use the windows update page?

yellowflower

yellowflower

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am new here, what is the difference with the 'quick reply' and the 'add reply'? House calls says I have vulnerabilities, not viruses. When Windows Update page does the search for what I need, then the screen says it can't load the page because of an error.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
quick reply gives you the option to just post your question....where as the add reply allows you to use some of the formatting tools and insert images, attachments and what not...fast reply is just.....faster..

Step 1
Are you getting a specific error message?
If so, go here and check it

http://v5.windowsupd...t.aspx?ln=en-us

If no error, go to step 2

Step 2

Start >Run, type
regsvr32 jscript.dll
<enter>

try windows update. Still not working? Try

Start >Run, type
regsvr32 MSXML3.dll
<enter>

try windows update. Still not working? Try