Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer loads and unloads every 3-5 seconds

• Please log in to reply

jwoods4

jwoods4

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello,
I am having problems with internet explorer loading and unloading, even though I am using Firefox. Whenever I am in an open window, the blue title bar changes from dark blue to light blue and back to dark blue. I looked at my task manager and I always have one copy of IEXPLORE.EXE running. It disappears for about 3 seconds, then reappears, taking up to 50% of my CPU time, then disappears for another 3 seconds. It is extremely disruptive to my typing, and other things. I can't do full-screen activities such as games and other programs, because it will always minimize the activity I am on, and give me the desktop. I tried to halt the program through the task manager, and the only way I am able to enter this message is by using Firefox browser and trying to type between flashes of dark blue title bar and the light blue (when I can't type). However, IEXPLORE.EXE is still loading and unloading, taking up all of my system resources. Note that I do not see the Internet Explorer browser running. This is happening in the background.

I have done the following.

Ran Norton Anti-Virus and removed all viruses.

Got hit with the Trojan.Bookmarker.J virus 2 days ago, and attempted a removal. Seems fine now, but not sure if I have residual problems from that problem.

Ran Spybot S&D and removed all problems.

Yet my problem still persists. Can anyone help me?

John S. Woods

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo,
I think that you are still infected as there a greater tools out there then the ones you have mentioned,

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

thanx
James

jwoods4

jwoods4

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Ok, I think you are right. By the way, I now have 3-4 IEXPLORE.EXE programs running. I have tried the other options, but doing online stuff is really hard because those IEXPLORE.EXE crashes regularly. I will try to do what you ask.

Thank you for your suggestions. I will send another reply when I complete the tests.

John S. Woods

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
ok, good luck getting cleaned up
James :thunbsup: