Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ROME TOTAL WAR PROBLEM

• Please log in to reply

Salmonboy

Salmonboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I think i have got the latest drivers but i will try anyway

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Follow the scot, he knows his stuff, btw how is the gaming playing after that clean up.

Salmonboy

Salmonboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
There was no difference :whistling:

When i start a new campaign a video window appear on the desktop and is in a minimised screen.

Could the problem be down to a video card?

Salmonboy

Salmonboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
HOW DO I MAKE COPIES OF MY SAVES?

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Sorry, I don't know that myself but perhaps the totalwar site will tell you as I don't think that it's secret. Back to the problem it was working in January but now it isn't, correct? If so what apps or games have you added since then? Perhaps they should be thought about.

runbox(um I think you mastered that one by now)
appwiz.clp
just look and see what came after January then, whether you can safely uninstall it, etc.,

(Anyway, not now of course but if we really get no joy at the end of the road then you can always restore the comp back to a point where it was working, perhaps that's why you were asking about copying the saves I suppose.)

Edited by fleamailman, 11 April 2006 - 12:46 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The saves will be stored in a few possible places,
1. In your documents in a folder either there in the main my documents lists possibly hidden or in My games.
2. In application data again it will have the name of the game or the developer in the folder name.
3 In the games directory in program files.

I dont have the game myself so dont know its specific location, usually for most games its somewhere in My documents or less commonly application data or one of the other places in your personal document set so look there first, it usually makes itself fairly apparent when you see it once youve found the files its just a simple copy and paste to somewhere safe.

Salmonboy

Salmonboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
I jus installed some older drivers and this seems to have done the trick as i have bee able to play rome.

The only problem is when cut seens come up during the game the active movie window box is really small

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
was that what it was in January

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The old drivers work because of the age of the card Nvidia stopped supporting it, so for example if they change something in the driver for a new card that stops an older one working they would normally fix it, however because the old geforce 2 to 4s are so old and getting a bit thin on the ground they dont bother anymore so the new drivers just dont work.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
follow the scot

Advertisements