Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

More martian pics

• Please log in to reply

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
http://www.esa.int/S...MTFNFGLE_0.html

The website for the mars express satelite, its packed full of amazing pictures of mars at ridiculously high resolution. They make great wallpapers just click on the images and you can download Hi res JPEGs and tiffs(dont get the tiffs though they are 50 megs a piece).

Mars even has its own happy face. I would post the image but like i said its high res and you would only see like a corner of the picture.

Advertisements

greatmightypoo

greatmightypoo

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
All I can say is WOW! The amount of detail and sharpness of those pics is amazing!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Wal-Mart will stop at nothing for marketing will it? "rolling back prices through the cosmos"

Mr.Chow

Mr.Chow

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Some of those color pics don't look to real. Looks like Graphic design ... =P

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Some of the images are CG they scan in the satelite images and use the to extrapolate what it would look like at a lower angle of viewing.Here is another one this one has 2.5metres per pixel.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
"Great job Scot" thought the goblin(me) who wondered if doing too comp threads had somehow transformed him(me again) lately.

Edited by fleamailman, 14 April 2006 - 03:19 PM.