Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limewire starts up automatically and no CTRL/ALT/DEL

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Kealler

Kealler

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey guys I have been reading the forums on limewire. I found several cases you guys have helped with. But no direct answer to why limewire starts up continuously. I shut it down i starts up again. I have task manager
and also found I can't use command based programs thround the command dialoge box. I tried to use netstat
and only got the command line again. Has anyone found the base of this problem. It is probably something spacific! I hope.

ThankX

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
We don't assist with problems regarding P2P problems. Are you trying to uninstall it?

Kealler

Kealler

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
no not trying to uninstall it. We have been using it for a while now. I think it something my GF downloaded through limewire. but now it starts up automatically, I have no task manager and can't run programs through the command prompt.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
as coach wife has posted we at geekstogo don't help people with problems regarding P2P networks (limewire).

Kealler

Kealler

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok I understand this, please excusse me if I was wrong but as you two where telling me this I was reading

http://www.geekstogo...273&hl=limewire

http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=103472

I was not really asking for support, what i was asking (from my peers) is has anyone run into this problem. I don't think it is actually the P2P program as much as a virus attaching to it.

Please excuss me if I miss understood!

Sorry :whistling:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

I think it something my GF downloaded through limewire. but now it starts up automatically, I have no task manager and can't run programs through the command prompt.

That sounds like a Malware problem. We do not offer help on this site with problems associated to running P2P programs. However, we DO help you with Malware problems. Following will be a post of what you need to do to get malware help.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.