Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HELP! Memory Card Manager box and ipod on Dell 5100

• Please log in to reply

sexykitten

sexykitten

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:whistling: I am having a problem with my new Dell Dimension 5100 desktop. I bought an ipod for my son for Christmas and installed everything on my computer, but when I plug in the ipod to any of the usb ports on my computer a box appears after 15 seconds.

Memory Card Manager: Failed to locate supported files types or there are no photos found on this device. It is a rectangle box in the middle of the screen, outlined in blue, and to the right of the message inside the box is a red dot with a white x through it.

I have downloaded songs from iTunes and other sources just fine, but i can not transfer them to my ipod. I have Windows XP on my system. I tried to contact Dell and I get the run around and between Apple and Dell, i do not feel like playing the blame game nor do I want to pay over $200 to get help on this.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you. :blink:

Advertisements