Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Nvidia 6600 GT, Oblivion

• Please log in to reply

TripleS003

TripleS003

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Does anyone know how well an Nvidia 6600 GT fairs in running Oblivion. I know its supported on the box, but some of the cards listed still have a bad fps rate and I want to make sure my card will work. If anyone knows first hand, some details on how it ran would be great. Thanks

Advertisements

Pwnage

Pwnage

• Pip
  • 6 posts
if you already have the game try it. If it wont run properly then id spring for one of these.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814133155

if u bought that u should be able to use it for another 2 years... But if you dont want to risk it then dont try it. Thats just what id do. But if u dont have money i could see why ur nervous.

Edited by Pwnage, 10 April 2006 - 08:46 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Itll play it not fantastically well, medium settings it should manage allright, Oblivion is crippling though even the X1900XTX which is the best performing card in that game struggles in the outdoor scenes at 1600x1200.

TripleS003

TripleS003

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
How about the radeon 9800 xt?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The 9800xt wouldnt do any better than the 6600GT, the x800GT here is cheaper than the 6600GT and its a much faster card.

Tjvelcro

Tjvelcro

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hey, could someone tell me how to get the fps number to show up in game? Because I have a 7800 GT and everything on high (1k by .7k resolution) and the game plays really well, just a tad of studdering when I first load my saved game. Is higher resolution all that more taxing on a system?

Tjvelcro

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Look at the nvidia 6800gs or the x800xl by his. Make sure you get the right interface for your pc. Make sure you know if you have pci express or just agp.