Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

"bad_pooler_caller" ?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello. I just got this message at the Windows XP boot screen, "bad_pooler_caller," and I'm not sure what it is. I just left my laptop on for about an hour to go do something else, and when I returned I saw that error on my screen, so I was forced to reboot. I just wanted to know what it was and if it was dangerous (I tried to look it up on Google, but I couldn't find any descriptive results). If it is a critical problem, I would like to know how to solve it. Thank you for your concern.

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Welcome to GTG.

This should probably be in the Windows area instead of Malware. Topic moved....

Do this in the meantime:

1) open my computer->properties->advanced->start up and recovery
2) uncheck "Automatically Restart" checkbox and check the first box (Write and event to the system log).
3) select in the drop down write "Small Memory Dump"
4) reproduce the bug
5) if you see Blue Screen - write down all the details
6) after reboot select my computer->control panel->admin->->event viewer->system log and find there information about bug and saved Minidump
7) Give us
a) all the details of blue screen
b) minidump mentioned in system log