Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems connecting

• Please log in to reply

torx

torx

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ever since friday for some reason i cant connect to certain websites that i was able to before

Im co-admin at one site (www.infinity-effects.com) and it is up, because other people can see it, but when i go to it i get a page cannot be displayed in both Firefox and IE (yes i have the right url)
However i have no problem connecting to most other sites, 90% of them still work, but some get the the page cannot be displayed when they used to work fine

Ive tried repairing connection, using winsockfix, reseting cable modem, reseting router, and disabeling firewalls (etc.)

I think i read it might be a DNS error, but i dont know how to fix it, cause i thought winsock would but it didnt
The only thing i can think of that changed was Norton was installed on my parents comp, but i disabled it and tried and it still didnt work

Advertisements

torx

torx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Nvm i can access it on IE now

Please i need help with this
I cant acess ftp either