Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stop This Screen

• Please log in to reply

chimchim

chimchim

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Ever since yesterday a screen pops up when I boot up my computer with 3 buttons. The left side says log in as user,the right side says owner and the button left says exit computer. How do I stop this screen from popping up????
Its very annoying to have to click on owner everytime I boot up my computer.

Advertisements

pomp

pomp

the man

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the screen you are talking about?

chimchim

chimchim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
I attached a screen shot of the problem I'm having. Like I said before I didn't have this problem until yesterday. The only thing I could have done to cause this was install Print Workshop 2005. I have taken off this program but still have the problem.

Attached Thumbnails

• screeen.jpg

pomp

pomp

the man

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
What that is, is the login screen! It's nothing bad, if you don't need that to come up. Open up Control Panel. Then click "Change the way users log on and off" Then uncheck "use the welcome screen" and then apply those changes. Then restart your computer, and it shouldn't come up.

chimchim

chimchim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Thanks for the info!!!!
I don't know how that setting got changed!!!!

pomp

pomp

the man

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
no problem glad I could help!

chimchim

chimchim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Well, it fixed that problem but now I'm getting a logon screen everytime the computer boots up. Its asking for a password but I just click on ok and the computer finishes booting up.
I tried to do a screen capture for this screen but it didn't work.

pomp

pomp

the man

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
Ok, well go into user accounts in control panel, and for your user name, make sure there's no password set. That's what is having it come up, more than likely.

chimchim

chimchim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
There is no password set. But I still keep getting that stupid screen coming up asking for one. I don't have to enter one because I don't have one but it is annoying to keep seeing this screen now.

pomp

pomp

the man

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
Hello, do you have the guest account enabled? Go to user accounts in the control panel to check. That might be why the login screen is coming up still. So disable the guest account if you want to, then apply changes. Restart computer and see.

chimchim

chimchim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
The guest account was off.

pomp

pomp

the man

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
Well, if you have more than one users on your computer, that could be causing the screen to go up, but if you unchecked, use the welcome screen, and the guest account is off. It shouldn't be coming up.

chimchim

chimchim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
Sorry but it keeps coming up!!!! Also see my post on WHAT's THIS???
I think that maybe the problem. Also my computer always shuts down differently and takes longer.