Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE Hangs after doing a search

• Please log in to reply

xild

xild

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Okay with the help of my BF posting here to you for me I am have completed a full reinstall of my system and got myself back on the Internet.

I guess now I will need to get all the upgrades, the Macafee program I purchased online, "win hotfixes," HP printer upgrades, servicepacks..."

I deserve this as punishment; I have not backed anything up. I hope that now I will be able to use the CD/DVD drives to copy. I have not been able to do that successfully for years.

Any idea why this happened. Virus?

Thanks so SO much for your help, Keith!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The repair should have left your data and settings alone, I hope this is the case

xild

xild

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have no XP CD, just three restore CDs with my eMachine. Didn't pay enough for it to get a separate XP restore disc...

I guess my only question is whether to leave the boot order as it is?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can leave it or change it, the only thing you would notice is if you left one of the XP install / restore CD's in the drive, otherwise it will start OK, albeit slightly slower while it checks the CD ROM Drive

xild

xild

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I really do appreciate your being here and helping me, Keith. What a gift! T hanks again!