Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Code Master Challenge

• Please log in to reply

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Hello fellow programmers:
M$ is holding a contest for building the Best new Vista application(link); Prizes are worth $125,000.
As you all know, all applications on Windows Vista, run on the new framework\runtime environment, WinFX. Since, WinFX is actually a subset of the .NET Framework 2.0, with alot of cool new features added, it will be easy for .NET Programmers to upgrade to WinFX(currently WinFX supports only C# and VB2005).
Those who don't want to download the beta of Windows Vista, can also work on WinXP, but you will need a few tools:For more details on the contest visit:
http://www.codemaste...e.com/Home.aspx

Advertisements

GeekMan

GeekMan

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Hello, I am intrested in the code master challenge. Where is Vista avalile for download that way I can get familiar w/ the OS as I dont want to screw up My clean running XP. It would be nice to do this on one of my older computers. Of which i will be installing Vista on.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
GeekMan,
Sorry but, Vista is currently available only for MSDN subscribers and beta testers. So, you will have to install the WinFX runtime on XP. Don't worry the WinFX runtime does'nt mess with your PC in anyway, the runtime is activated only when you run an application built with WinFX.

GeekMan

GeekMan

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
I am and have been a MSDN sucriber for the past 2 years.

Hai Mac

Hai Mac

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I suppose WinFX is not 'runable' for VB6.0, right? What a shame... :whistling: