Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Force hardware install failed

• Please log in to reply

koryo

koryo

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
ok, i have a USB HDD, and a Firewire HDD

i tried connecting the USB HDD (witch is broken) and it wouldn't work properly, so i went into device manager and selected a driver for it (mistakenly clicked a printer driver). now every time a new piece of hardware (like my firewire drive) or whenever i turn on my computer, i get a "found new hardware printer" error, even though there is nothing pluged in

lesson learned: never try forceing your computer a driver

how can i get around this as i need to back up and re-format 15GB of my data, so i need my firewire drive in. i am connecting my firewire drive in through a external card, and the driver manager shows errors (god forbid)

heres the list. i have attached a print screen of my device manager, the closed items have no problems.

BTW i get a BSOD if i leave my adapter card in when my computer tries to load up windows from restart or shutdown, fixable?

so, main prob i need fixing is the add new hardware problems, lets get that outa the way

the other problem is the BSOD

Attached Thumbnails

• DMPROB.JPG

Edited by koryo, 11 April 2006 - 06:35 AM.

Advertisements

koryo

koryo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
SOLVED

i got a 6 pin firewire to 4 pin firewire adaptop (it seems i have a 4 pin firewire slot on my laptop)

so i dont need the adaptor card, i am getting a full refund as it seems to be incompatible with my laptop.

sorry to have waisted your time, and thank you for any assistance that has been made

P.S. BSOD Solved when i re-formatted, thank you

Edited by koryo, 14 April 2006 - 09:09 AM.