Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can anyone tell me how to copy video to my pc ?

• Please log in to reply

frothybbc

frothybbc

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
good luck anyway . my tv card and audio has a blue input socket so it was eassier perhaps for me . but i fully sympathise it is a nightmare getting bogged down in all this .

Advertisements

rxkevco

rxkevco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Thanks for all your help mate,,i do appreciate it.
am gonna get the new tv card in the morning and try it all again, this time using s-video.
Hopefully i might get it sorted.

Will definetly post back tomorrow sometime after i get it all sorted.

rxkevco

rxkevco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Got the new card this morning " hauppauge win tv- pvr 150 ",,, apart from having a video editing suite bundled with it,, cant really tell the difference.
Just discovered that my Skybox doesnt output in s-vid,,, only rgb and pal.

Have got it working by using a scart from the rgb out of the sky box, to the composite in on the tv card, and the red and white audio leads in my soundcard,,, picture is ok,, sound is awesome,,

Problem still persists with the vcr though ??? :whistling:
The tv card can find the VCR when its playing,, and sets a channel for it,,, but,,, it only shows a poor black and white picture, with artifacts,, and a 1 second delay with the sound..
Dont know whats causing this latency,, but its the film that has the delay,, you hear the audio before the film reaches it,, very strange ????

frothybbc

frothybbc

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
check the capture settings are set correctly . slow things down to smallest settings and mono audio capture . good luck mate .

rxkevco

rxkevco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi,,,
Managed to sort it out,,,,, the £38 cable i got yesterday was buggered !!!
Got a new cable this morning, and now the video is working fine,,,, :whistling: