Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

usb power-up

• Please log in to reply

tanramion

tanramion

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
i have this problem with my usb hubs... they don't seem to power up whenever i resume from hibernation... i also USED TO experience this whenever i resume from standby...

my chipset: SIS 661 fx/gx

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Hi there

First thing to try is the obvious - go to Start->Run & type devmgmt.msc then click OK.

This opens device manager. In DM, scroll down to the USB Controller section & expand that branch. Double click on the USB Root hub entry to open properties.
Select the Power Management tab & clear the check box marked 'Allow computer to turn off this device to save power'. Click OK to close properties.

Repeat this process for any other USB Root hub entries you have in DM.

Let me know if that makes any difference.

tanramion

tanramion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
oh ok. haven't thought about that option.... i think it did the job though. thanks a lot. i always find the answers here. geeks to go has been an indispensable resource for me. thanks again.