Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cosmi Stealth Surf Pro not working

• Please log in to reply

mond

mond

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I recently purchased the cosmi surf pro as I saw it going cheap in the sale bin of a local store.
When I attempt to turn it on a message says that it is searching for proxies and that it may take a minute or two, however after nearly a week it still has not found one!
I have tried adjusting security settings and turning firewall on and off but nothing seems to work.
I have never tried a product like this before so dont know how it all works or if it is woth the hastle.
I have not yet contacted the on line help for cosmi.com as generally these services are not much help.
Anyone know how to get this thing to work or shall I forget about it (no refunds on software from Staples!)
thanks in advance
mond

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open Internet Exporer
Click Tools > Internet Options
Click Connections
Click LAN settings
Check Automatically detect settings
Uncheck Proxy server

They have an online manual link in the programme

mond

mond

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hi Keith,

I did the following..
ticked "automatically detect settings"
unticked "use a proxy server for your LAN"

this has not worked, message still says it will take a few minutes to find proxy then nothing but if
I try to turn it off it says "cannot close as some processes are still running"
Not one has proxy has shown up as yet.

anything else that I might try?
thanks

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is the online manual of use, there was a submit a question option for their tech support

You could post in networking and I will close this one