Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fifa 06 Online (ps2) 'Failed to connect' problem

• Please log in to reply

mike_hallam

mike_hallam

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi,
I am having problems with playing fifa 06 online.
I can connect to the EA sports server, because it let me accept my freinds 'freind request'.
And also it lets me find a player to start a game with.
Once i get to the team selection stage, after about 5/10 seconds, it says failed to connect.
This hasn't happened everytime, i managed to get about 4 games to actually work, but that was after putting up with about 100 'failed to connect' errors. It is about 95% of the time.

I am using a sweex annex router (wired), which has a built in modem.
I am on 1meg adsl broadband, with tiscali. (with no bandwidth limit)
I have followed the instructions on www.portforward.com and opened the necessary ports to play games online.

Any advice would be apprecaited.
Thankyou

Advertisements

mike_hallam

mike_hallam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Sorry, One thing that i forgot to mention.

I did not have an access code when i bought the ps2. So i just set up the settings with my network access disc, then put in fifa 06.
I dont know if this makes a difference? because i do have an ea sports account.
I just remember on the ps2 central server, it asked me to enter an access code to sign up for something else.
Just thought this may help you help me.
thanks