Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Drive empty...BUT IT"S NOT

• Please log in to reply

Douglas E

Douglas E

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I put a DVD in my DVD drive and I get a message that says drive is empty?? HUH?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi Douglas E!

Looks to me like you might be trying to view a DVD-R that is in a format not supported by your DVD-ROM in your computer. There are plus (+) and minus (-) DVD-R & DVD-R/W's. There are also dual layer DVD-R's and DVD-R/W's. What type of DVD are you trying to view in your DVD-ROM? Also, what is the make and model of your DVD-ROM? Knowing this information will allow me to better help you determine if this is the case. Also, when you put in other DVD's, like DVD movies, is your DVD-ROM able to view them? (aka they are not empty)

Fenor

Douglas E

Douglas E

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hi Douglas E!

Looks to me like you might be trying to view a DVD-R that is in a format not supported by your DVD-ROM in your computer. There are plus (+) and minus (-) DVD-R & DVD-R/W's. There are also dual layer DVD-R's and DVD-R/W's. What type of DVD are you trying to view in your DVD-ROM? Also, what is the make and model of your DVD-ROM? Knowing this information will allow me to better help you determine if this is the case. Also, when you put in other DVD's, like DVD movies, is your DVD-ROM able to view them? (aka they are not empty)

Fenor

Hi!

It seems only to happen with dvd movies....I have a dell harddrive. Others types of DVD and CD's seem to be fine. It was ok,,,,then one day..no good.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
What are you using to play the DVD movies?

Fenor