Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how do you use system restore?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
hey, i have been having prblems with my internet recently, connection but no data transfer. its a resuilt of downloading robusst free internet speedbooster (dumb idea). anyway, i was thinking that iff i just use a system restore to turn back the clock a few weekst when to when the problem started, that it would set things right again. I have never used system restore before so i was wondering... how exactly do you use it? i found the options for it but from there im lost... If anyone has any help regarding my orriginal problem or the system restore question, it would really be appriciated.

Thanks Alot

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download this you can use another PC to save it to disc if it won't connect

http://www.geekstogo...ction=show&id=7

When you get the dates for system restore, look for a system check point

TakeBK

TakeBK

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Start /Programs / Accessories / Sytem Tools / System Restore

When the screen pops up choose retore my computer to an earlier date.A little Calendar will pop up on the left.Any dates that are highlighted a darker blue will be one where a system restore point was made.Click on the date you wish to use and hit Next until it does its thing and reboots your computer.It might seem a little longer on the boot but thats Ok it is changing all the settings back to what they were at the time you chose .Let the screen load that tells you it was succesfull and you good to go.

If it says it was unsuccessfull then try a different date.

TakeBK

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
thanks alot guys, i tried that but to no avail... any other ways that i could get theings working again??

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did Winsock Fix not do anything?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
YES! Winsock worked perfectly! Thanks so much! I heard about that program before but i never new what it was for!

Thanks Again!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It is worth saving winsock to the drive, then you can run it whenever

Thank You for letting me know