Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH

• Please log in to reply

Josiah_Fordahl

Josiah_Fordahl

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi, I have been getting the blue screen of death lately- and it is saying IRQ_IS_LESS_NOT_EQUAL - or something to that effect. Could someone tell me what this means? I am thinking it might have something to do with bios settings- because it also says at the bottom of the screen that it is dumping the memory...

It also has been randomly restarting, just out of the blue it will just restart when it feels like it.....

WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY COMPUTER>???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

- Josiah Fordahl

I built my own desktop
I have win xp pro
amd athlon xp 3000+
1 gig of dual channel ddr
160 gig sata western digital harddrive
400 watt ultra x connect power supply
chaintech motherboard
geforce fx 5500 256mb graphics card

I also havent been able to get my sound card to work with my setup...
it is a chaintech nvidia nForce 2 ultra 400+mcp-s motherboard
and a chaintech AV-710 7.1 sound card....

Edited by Josiah_Fordahl, 11 April 2006 - 07:56 PM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. Random reboots are usually caused by heat, memory, driver issues or the power supply. You need to examine each possible cause and rule it out or fix it. Since you know you have a device that is not working, I suggest you start there. I looked at the specs for your motherboard at http://www.chaintech...No=13&PISNo=277 It says you have on board audio "Audio Subsystem With external high quality 5.1-Channel AC'97 Codec Complete software driversupports for Windows OS Optional S/PDIF out function ". For the sound card to work, you need to disable on board audio in the bios. Alternatively, you can remove the sound card and use on board audio. Get your audio problem corrected and see if that stops the random reboots and BSOD.

Josiah_Fordahl

Josiah_Fordahl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hey thanks, I will try disabling it in bios right now.
-Josiah