Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microphone problems

• Please log in to reply

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
well its me again. i have another problem!. my mic, it was working perfectly while i was talking to my clan mates over ventrillo. after i was done,]. i talked to my friend and they told me they cant hear me. it worked before, but for some reason it not detecting the microphone anymore. im using mircophone jacks. i did pluged into the right jack (pink), i tried looking for a driver for the headphones (Logitech Extreme PC Gaming Headset ) evencualy no luck. i read somewhere in the forums about updating your mobo or getting a new sound card. my sound card is onboard and i have no clue how to update that.. please help.. my mircophone i really need!

thanks in advance

Edited by silencer.dot, 12 April 2006 - 06:13 AM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. You could look for an updated driver for your on board audio. If you don't know specifically what it is, run Belarc Advisor and it will tell you who the manufacturer is. (Search google for Belarc Advisor, free download and very useful). You can then go to the manufacturers web site and look for an updated driver.

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
ok i got the latest driver. how u install? i found a .exe in the folder i download, do i open the setup.exe?

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
simply double click on the file and it will install were it needs to go.