Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Video Card Driver

• Please log in to reply

regtherabbit

regtherabbit

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I reformatted the hard drive and installed win98se then installed xp. Everything is working OK except that when moving up and down the page/display using the scroll bar or mouse the movement on the monitor is like a wave flowing through the screen. I downloaded a program that tells me I do not have a video card driver. Is this the problem or is it a monitor problem? It was a shop built PC and I do not have any of the original installation software and was therefore relying on the windows drivers to make things work. Any advice appreciated.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Hey there regtherabbit, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

Video drivers are very important if you would like to see preformance. What graphics card do you have??? Windows drivers only work to a certain extent.

Cool :whistling:

regtherabbit

regtherabbit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Been away caused the delay. Cannot find info on the video card. Have tried downloads and dxdiag and they come up blank. I originally had driver guide toolkit but it has expired and I cannot download it again. It did list the manufacturer as SE but had no driver info. I have worked out what VGAsave means and have enabled VGA mode. Although it made a difference it is still not right. I found a listing in another forum with a similar problem and the advice given there was it may be related to the motherboard chipset? Haven't done anything about this yet. Thank you for any advice you can give me.

sano

sano

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
I am a newbie can only relate to my previous experience. I experienced this same problem until my pc died, the post mortem was the "capacitors?" blew out/up. This wavy affect lasted for aprox. 6 months. I used another pc to see if this still occurred, but it did not. Just some info sorry i can't help with your problem.