Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unwanted Rebooting

• Please log in to reply

RaceTrackDaddy

RaceTrackDaddy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz:
My neice has a problem when accessing the internet, the computer always reboots. All other aspects of the computer are functional. I went and did a system recovery (HP product) to manufactured orig. specs. I then installed the Wireless Network Adapter and then tried the internet with the same results.

This might be important or not but before the rebooting prblem began, she stated that when she tried to go on line, the computer would freeze up before gaining conductivity. This wireless network was working for about 3 months without a problem.

I then tried to see if the power connection was loose but all connections were firm within the computer. I do believe this has to be a hardware issue. Wonder if other HP products have similar problems?

Racetrackdaddy

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Can you try to not use the wierless adapter and connect to the internet by wirer, if you have a cable modem use USB.

You may also want to remove the wirerless adapter and any drivers from the system when you try this.

If the problem is resolved then bad adapter or drivers for the adapter. I would try and reload or update the drivers before considering the adapter as bad

Rick

RaceTrackDaddy

RaceTrackDaddy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I sloved the problem....seems I went inside and checked all connections to the mother board for tightness, power supply etc. I went and tried the wire connection to the net with a land line and it worked. Ok, now I am chekcing out the USB adapter and drivers. Removed and then reinstalled...Same problem. The I got a idea out of distress....It seems that the USB port is not a high speed connection so I removed the connection and booted up the puter. Once booted, just plugged in the USB port and I was online with rebooting. THe adapter drew too much power from the CPU when the connection is left in. I know it is a little low tech but I found a solution that did work. I hope no one else out there experiences this but if you do, you may try my method of getting back in control. THanks to Geeks To Go as I had not where to turn and it is nice to at least vent my frustration and eventually overcome same. bobby z :tazz: