Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Start-up Error

• Please log in to reply

Raavea

Raavea

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When I boot up my XP desktop, I recieve the following error messages;

can't open kernel driver aslm75.sys

and then;

can't load asmiHwIo.dll

The rest of the desktop and all of that loads smoothly, and I haven't yet found anything that this is affecting, however, I was also for some time having a right-click problem. If I right clicked in explorer or tried to use the File... menu, Explorer would crash. This (I think, haven't tested yet) I resolved yesterday. I had hoped the two were linked, but today I got the Assinmyhole error, as I have been calling it. :whistling:
It's not really a laughing matter, but hey. My brother also had this error, and he uninstalled and re-installed something, but doesn't remember what.

Can anyone help?

EDIT TO ADD: Just right-clicked on desktop. It crashed, I shall be back once my system reboots...

Edited by Raavea, 12 April 2006 - 06:49 AM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. I searched for asmiHwIo.dll and found it is available at http://www.dynamicli...mes/dll-a08.htm This file comes from Asus. Maybe related to some Asus hardware you have?

Raavea

Raavea

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yus, I love Asus muchly, and it started with this error since I upgraded my PC hardware.

Ty for the tip, I'll make a note to take a peek. Atm, my eyes are getting furry from trying to understand enough C to make a MUD... :whistling:

Raavea

Raavea

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I didn't think anyone would really care - but I removed Windows XP last week and began using Ubuntu Linux. It's fast, I've had no crashes, I can right-click and there are no graphics card errors.

^__^ Again, thanks for the help, and I hope you have a good day~!