Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Mail merges' word+excel XP

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am trying to create a mail merge that draw information from excel into word, all of my excel cells are formatted text, and I have a column of codes, alphanumerical with no consistent format, when i create the mail merge in word and import the data, it picks up some of the cells value but others it just gives a value of 0.

I have noticed that this is consistent, and value beginning with 0 or any value with a text part will not be imported.

If my data set is:

the only value that would be brough through to word is : 27362

Any suggestions on how to get word to recognise all the cells in this column?

Also another note, I have another column with alphanumerical date similar to this, but all of those is brought through fine. (CS01 -> CS02 -> CS03 etc)