Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overclocking CPU's

• Please log in to reply

JourneyMan

JourneyMan

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
Whoa, he's got it bad...

Advertisements

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I can't find the stupid OC software for Intel 865 MOBO

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Have you tried putting "overclocking software" into google i just did and found a tonne of links not one to my favourite app but lots of ones that work just as well. You also dont need an app you could do it in bios its the safer way to do it.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
My Bios doesn't support OC. If it did I would be doing it right now. Could you possibly find it for me. Im useless with the internet. I've had it about 1 month max. PLZ!!!

BTW, How come there are some ppl with 4 processors. I saw 4 3.8GHz Processor that some guy had. It was on a survey done by Steam

Edited by Casheti, 13 April 2006 - 09:44 AM.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
HOW DO I IDENTIFY MY PROCESSOR SOCKET TYPE????????????? HELP ME PLZ!!!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You can get quad processors if you have a work station but they cost like 30grand he was probably lying, just use CPU-Z to get they info on the cpu the guys that make it also make overclocking software its all on the website the link is in my sig.

And youre not getting on my xfire because every time its on someone wants help on it so im stopping adding people i dont know.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
He wasn't lying because it was a survey that scans you computer. So if i get CPU-Z it will tell me my Processor socket type?

Anyway, ClockGen is useless. i selected my Mobo, press read clocks and so what. Only 3 Clocks come up AND where do I OC. I know I'm such a pain but everyone has to start somewhere.

Edited by Casheti, 13 April 2006 - 11:17 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
The website last time im on had a link to the instructions on how to use it its all on there. CPU-Z will tell you youre socket type just run it and find out.

Also you can trick the scanner or hack it you dont have to let it scan the computer and you can alter the file they send back to valve, although maybe he actually does have a big workstation but if i had that kinda money lying around i wouldnt buy a computer i would buy a porsche.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I just can't get that STUPID ClockGen to work. I follow the instruction but it DOESN'T WORK. I've selected mobo. Pressed read clocks. Pressed PLL Contol and ALL the clocks are blank.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Hey loophole you know anything either?

Advertisements