Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero Wave Editor

• Please log in to reply

traveler4921

traveler4921

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have requested assistance of Nero, but they are not answering my questions.

The facts:
I have an OEM version of Nero6.
I have been running a OEM version of Nero5, which I purchased the upgrade license for the wave editor.

What I would like to know:
Can I run the Nero 6 version for playing/creating DVD/CD's, yet, still use the Nero5 version for the wave editor?

The for why would she want to do that???
I recently installed the dvd writer/player and really did that only to run programs that come on DVD. I imagine at some point I will create DVD's. For movies and for data, so I would like that functionality.

I do make a lot of music CD's and would like to retain that functionality.

What I use the Wave Editor for is editing music and creating ringtones for my cell. Not much else.

Conclusion:
I want to not pay for the upgrade for Nero6 Ultra or Nero7 since I have all the capabilities I desire and feel the other programs will be too much for me, when I'm happy with what I have.

Where does the Wave Editor function "live" in Media Player, burner?? Can I have the Media Player of 5 and the burning guts of 6??

Seems silly, but I hate to pay again for what I already have and like ....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Nero 6 might want to remove Nero 5 when you install, if it does you have the answer and can choose to cancel the install