Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Artec BKM-52X16C CDRW

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
My cdrw stopped working quite a while ago and i have only just got round to trying to fix it. It doesn't burn cds and doens't recognise blank cds. I am pretty sure this is the only way to try and fix it, if it can be fixed.
I have the necessary files, a flash tool and the actual firmware file. The link on Artec's website is broken so i can't get to the instructions as to how to do it, but i found how to get halfway.
I made a MS-DOS boot disk and put the necessary files on to it. Booted the computer in MS-DOS:
typed A:\>flash 3 w/b
it came up with:
Usage 1: MTKFLASH <Port> <R|W|SR|SW> [/C][/O] XXXXX YYYYY] [/Ax /B][/T] <file list>
Usage 2: MTKFLASH <Port> <R|W|SR|SW> [/C][/O] XXXXX YYYYY] [/Mn] [/T] <file list>
Usage 3: MTKFLASH <Port> <R> [/C] [/M] <file list>
Usage 4: MTKFLASH <Port> <C>

Port: 1 - 1st IDE, master 2 - 1st IDE, slave
Port: 3 - 2nd IDE, master 4 - 2nd IDE, slave
W: Write FLASH
C: Only check FLASH & Unlock WINBOND (W29C040)
SW: Write ICE28LF010 FLASH
/Ax: x=Bank Number from 0 to 15 Default: Bank0
/B:BIN file Default: DEX
/U: Auto Write Flash (for MT1I98 + PAGE WRITE Flash ROM only
/M: Read multi-bank data into one merged file
/Mn: Write n files to FLASH with the same file index
/T: Show FLASH Download Time in Write FLASH mode
/C: Check FLASH & Unlock WINBOND (W29C040)
/O: Skip FLASH OPC Area
XXXXX: Start address of FLASH OPC Area (5 - digit in HEX). Default: 7E000h
YYYYY: Length of FLASH OPC Area (4 - digit in HEX). Default: OPC to Bank End

The two file names are Flash and 2.Ev210

Thanks for any help

Edited by scott452, 12 April 2006 - 12:42 PM.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. You need to rely on the manufacturer for specific instructions to update the firmware. If the link is broken, try emailing or calling their tech support. If you can't fix it by flashing firmware, replace it. Prices on cdrw drives are quite reasonable now.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts