Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot access Network Computers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ulb

ulb

• Pip
  • 3 posts
We have five computers running off of one SBC router. Set up a network through Network Setup Wizard and all can ping each other except for two computers. States 'access is denied' though you can 'view' the indivduals in the workgroup from all of the computers that are connected but their shared documents can not be reached.

On those particualr computers you can not see any of the other computers in the workgroup, (not those that are connected nor the other computer that can't connect.)

Computers are running all are running XP Pro, (with one, that can't connect, running XP Home.) All have administrative rights. Norton's anti-virus as well, FYI.

Thank you for any help in this matter...Let me know if you need any additional information.

I don't have a computer at home, so at 5 central i'll be out. I'll be back at 8 tomorrow morn. (just so you don't think I am not appreciative of any help submitted after that time and I don't respond.)

Thanks again.

Advertisements

ulb

ulb

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i put this in the wrong spot everyone. oops! sorry...

Flrman1

Flrman1

Malware Assassin

• Retired Staff
  • 6,596 posts
Closing duplicate topic. Reply here:

http://www.geekstogo...opic=107738&hl=