Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

uninstall norton system works 2006

• Please log in to reply

Demetri

Demetri

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
I need the file that you can download from symantec site to do a uninstall that will remove everything associated with norton. I purchased and downloaded the retail version. I have been looking for it a 4 hours but could not find it and I dont want to spend twenty five dollars just for that. :whistling:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Demetri...

Try running SymNRT on the machine... :whistling:

wannabe1

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
http://service1.syma...001101612274407

Demetri

Demetri

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
thanks guys , try both of them and get back to yall

Demetri

Demetri

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
wanna be,

Once again thankyou. I have 2 more questions. If I do a fresh install of nsw 2006 it should take care of what was wrong before? also when I drag a icon off the desktop to a folder, windows installer comes up. Why I dont understand? and it bring up the installation for roxio 8

Edited by Demetri, 12 April 2006 - 08:58 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Yes, a reinstallation of Norton 2006 should fix the problems you were having...although, I am not a Norton fan... :whistling:

Do you use Roxio?

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
what anti-virus program do you use wannabe1?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I use Avast! on my test boxes and Nod32 on my main machine.

Demetri

Demetri

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
wannabe, no I dont use Roxio. where do you go to get nod32.if it is used on a home computer. I also am trying to uninstall messenger but it wont work under add/remove window components.

Edited by Demetri, 13 April 2006 - 12:24 AM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Click Start, then Run, type msconfig, and click "Ok". Under the "Startup" tab, find both msmsgs and Roxio in the list and remove the checks from the check boxes. Apply the change and reboot.

Upon restart, you will get a "Selective Startup" dialog window...this is normal. Tick the box to not show it again and click "Ok". Those apps should no longer run at startup.

The Nod32 is not free, but it is a very good AV.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 13 April 2006 - 12:45 AM.