Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Send us Spam"

• Please log in to reply

sinisfun

sinisfun

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hey all,

I saw this (link to article) on Digg and thought someone here may be able to explain to me what kind of data they could havest with this project. If anything it could be humorous to read through those emails. Basically what they want you to do is sign up the email [email protected] for everything spamish and the are going to collect the data, I personally think I get too much spam without bringing it upon myself willingly.

Maybe someone can explain this to me.

Thanks

-Sin

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
It's useful to get bucketloads of live spam when tuning spam filters. You turn on the filter, and create new rules for anything that gets through. It's not quite to this extent, but the admin of our servers does something similar.