The specs of the PC:
* Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz 800FSB Prescott
* MSI 865PE Neo2 Intel 865 Chipset Mainboard
* 2 Matched 256MB PC3200 Totaling 512MB DDR Memory
* 120GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
* Black DVD-RW Drive
* Black 3.5 in Floppy Drive
* ATI Radeon 9550SE 8x AGP 128MB and TV-Out
* 6 Channel Audio, Digital SPDIF
* 6 USB 2.0 Ports, (2 in front, 4 in rear), Firewire
* Serial ATA 2 Connectors
* 10/100 Ethernet LAN
* 56k v.92 PCI Modem
* Black Keyboard and Optical Mouse
* Round Cables
The computer runs at 125 Farenheit, which he originally thought meant it was overheating. I looked up the prcoessor, and thats a normal temperature.
The system continually freezes. I have it testing right now, and it isn't being used, simply sitting at the desktop. It has frozen up every 10-15 minutes or so. A restart is necesarry.
I'm not very familiar with XP, and he's not very familiar with installing an operating system in general, but he did it himself. The system came with no OS, so he bought and loaded XP on his own. The processor is listed twice in the System Device manager.
Any ideas on what the problem can be? My first thought it to reload XP and properly install all drivers and devices, but I'm not so sure.
Any help would be great, he's really in a jam as he just bought the PC.