Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PLEASE HELP - PLEASE HELP

• Please log in to reply

shannianni

shannianni

• PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
hi everyone i have had a pc built and have this problem

KV2 Extreme Athlon 64 Motherboard
nvidia g force mx 4000 graphic card
amd 64bit athlon processor

the problem is that the graphics card went down giving me an error on the screen "no signal being received" i put the card in another pc with the same problem, after having the graphics card checked it was found not to be working and got it changed with another one from the shop.

The new one was installed about 1.5 weeks ago but last night it happened again - no picture - i cant even go into the settings from either -delete key or the safe mode boot - there is no signal being received
i have changed the monitor but with the same results.

is this graphics card not compatible with the extreme board and thus blowing it?
i use it for music and dont really need a brilliant graphics card, can someone please help me or know what the problem is.

many thanks

shannianni :whistling:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi. I went to http://www.ecs.com.t...nuID=91&LanID=9
and looked at the motherboard manual. It does not list "compatible" graphics cards, only specifies AGP. There is a section in the bios for set up of AGP, discussed in the manual. Take a look at that. Have you verified that the recently installed video card is bad by trying it in another system as you did before? Two bad cards, maybe your set up is wrong. Read the manual to be sure.