Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

microsoft visual c++ runtime error

• Please log in to reply

agnesba

agnesba

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have had our computer for 2 months, a Dell, and we have road runner. when we first got it , very often we would get this error message to pop up, it would say Microsoft visual c++ runtime library......
after many calls to Dell, they did help me to re-boot the computer, and that ended those error messages, but now they are back, not often, but back, and on my husband side of the computer. we can not go on-line or anything..but he can go on my side and use the computer,, it takes about 10 min to a few hours for that error message to go away. I did contact MacAfee about those errors,, they said that people who have road runner very often have those error messages,, can any one help me.
thank you

Advertisements

SlitNek

SlitNek

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I am using road runner as well and used to have the same message but i found it wasnt the ISP but it was Norton anti virus, it had gotten to the point where i couldnt compile anything if it would get that far withought an error. shareware and alot of AV's have issues with Visual C++

u can try removing McAfee and see if that fixes it

agnesba

agnesba

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I was on a chat line with McAfee,, they assisted me in shutting down one of my something in there
went into "options" in my email,, then into "other" then "advanced options" then "add in mangager"
then unclicked "macafee virus san outlook email scanner..
and that was that,, so time will tell if that works,, if nothing,, they at least told me to do something,, most think I am nuts, I can't believe so many people have this problem,,and it is hit and miss to solve it,,so i am crossing my fingers that it helped..
but I hope what I undid , isn't bad...but with so many people that have this problem,, I personally don't know anyone,, even the people at work, the IT people,, can't help,, thanks for your help ,, at least you have an explantion of why,, :whistling:

Edited by agnesba, 17 April 2006 - 02:06 PM.