Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How can I find the latest drivers for different components?

• Please log in to reply

nOinternet

nOinternet

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I'm quite noobie when it comes to computers. I do know the importance in having the latest drivers for things like video-card, sound-card, chipset etc. What I dont know is how to be sure you got the latest driver out there? I got a Nvidia Geforce 7800GTX, when I search for a new driver on Nvidia.com, all I find is a driver from october 2005, or something. If I do a google-search, I find 5day old drivers, but they are MSI Geforce 7800GTX??? Should I go for them or original Nvidia-divers? It's the same for other components, cause I dont understand which to choose.
Also, there are newer drivers for the geforce7800GS on nvidia. In the text this driver supports the 7800GTX as well???

I'm confused, sorry. Is there a program or the like, I can use to check for updates of the drivers? Tips would be appreciated.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
http://www.nvidia.co...p_2k_84.21.html

If you go on the website for nvidia and go to driver downloads and just select the appropriate options from the menu it fins the drivers you need.

nOinternet

nOinternet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thx for reply! But are there any programs(e.g diagnostics) that can find the name and version of all the drivers one have installed at any given time on ones computer?

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Syspec is used for hardware, but if you google it I'm sure you can find something.

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Syspec is used for hardware, but if you google it I'm sure you can find something.

FuM

FuM

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
Go to www.lavalys.com and download Everest it tells you what components you have and finds drivers automatically.