Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD backing up problems

• Please log in to reply

danny boy

danny boy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have a massive dvd collection and recently some of them have not been working in my computer so i thought i would back up my favourite ones onto my computer, simple enough but... but the dvds say i can't make a back up because there is a write protection ect... what i did was: i right clicked on my dvd drive and clicked on explore i entered the "videos ts" folder and then highlighted all the files (.VOBs ect...) then try and dravg them onto `computer` a message comes up saying you can not copy these files because the dvd is write protected.

Is there anything i am doin wrong or can some one tell me a way past the write protection.

much appreciated

Dan.

Advertisements

Desiredfx

Desiredfx

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
hello Danny boy,
Welcome to Geeks to Go,
Sorry for the late reply as we are pretty busy around here but never the less here is what i recommend.
I use a program called DVD Decrypter which is really easy to use and will Fix the issue your having.
http://www.dvddecrypter.com/
let us know if this helps you

danny boy

danny boy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: Thank you very much, the software is brilliant,

thanks dan