Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

C Drive misdirected opens programm

• Please log in to reply

SydneysStudio

SydneysStudio

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Hopefully I can get some help here.
My wife's computer is a Compac presario running windows xp.
When clicking on the C drive icon the computer attempts to reinstall quark express 5.0
The icon for the C drive is the quark icon
The problem occurs in my desktop and when clicking through 'my computer'
it does not occur when right clicking and high lighting explore.
All info under drive properties matches that of my computer so I am assuming that there is nothing amiss there.
The computer has never accessed the web so there is nothing malicious going on there
I don't know when the problem started since it isn't my computer, I'll guess it started somewhere during the quark install
I have deleted quark but the icon has remained the same and after clicking the c drive it continues to try to install the program.
Being not very computer savy it is my guess that the 'shortcut' for the c drive is not going where it should and need to be redirected.
Any other questions please feel free to ask.
Thank You

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. When quark was removed, was it done from "add/remove programs"? There may be some remaing files that need to be deleted. Quark has web page full of resourses. I searched it and didn't find any info on getting rid of it. Try doing a search for quark, like maybe ***quark.*** and see what comes up. Then delete any found.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Often when something hasn't uninstalled as it should it is best to reinstall it to re'remove it with add\remove program btw just to make it easier for you.

press: windows flag botton and the R botton
type: appwiz.cpl
press: enter

go to quake entry and remove it, also see it there is a second entry about quake there as sometimes it is in two parts.

After things are back to normall I recommend a clean up of your comp then.

Edited by fleamailman, 13 April 2006 - 07:48 AM.