Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Classic Machines

• Please log in to reply

JourneyMan

JourneyMan

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
I collect old CPUs.

I have Pentiums all the way up to PIII

:whistling:

Advertisements

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Oh. Does mine have the chops to be AWESOME? The soundcard does anyway

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well it would never be awesome but its not useless, if you rad my post about online clusters you would know you can make online clusters, we actually have a team for one of the apps that does just that check it out its in the OT forum.

Clustering old machines is a good way to recycle them for more useful purposes rather than just having them sitting doing nothing except storing old data and for playing old games which you could do on a recent pc as well. Most old games you can get broswser and java versions of, quake 1 and 2 are in browser and java so is half life and they are working on quake 3.

Edited by warriorscot, 13 April 2006 - 09:23 AM.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
OT Forum. Sorry, Im stupid

P.S I just found out that the Creative Soundblaster 128 PCI doesn't work with XP, but I have XP on the old comp that it is in. Does this mean it is in and recongnised but NOT ACTUALLY WORKING???

Edited by Casheti, 13 April 2006 - 09:32 AM.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
HOW DO I IDENTIFY MY PROCESSOR SOCKET TYPE????????????? HELP ME PLZ!!!

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Casheti, I know you mean well but capital letters hurt those very people who are giving their replies to the thread you started about clasic comps. I don't know myself but if you start another thread with that question exactly I am sure someone wiill see it.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
I suppose. I'm frustrated because I can't find any OC software that works with INTEL 865 motherboard. You know of any. I tried clockgen. That be rubbish innit brov.

And how is your OS 40GB external hd. That's not an OS!

Edited by Casheti, 13 April 2006 - 11:42 AM.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Ah that's because it's a drive, meaning harddrive, you see for me I have come to think of my external harddrive as my computer as everything and everywhere else as access, it is the external harddrive that matters the rest can get as infected as it likes and it doesn't matter. It is because the person doesn't now how to do save\reformat\reinstall\load that makes him cling to his system. btw lets turn to your problem, but have you started a thread for it yet?

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
No, but nobody would respond anyway. I'll do it now.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
OK. I've Done it

Advertisements