Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows logon messeage

• Please log in to reply

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
When ever I try to shut down my computer (it is a windows xp) this annoying message cmes up that stops it from shutting down. The message says something like 'Windows Logon UI or UL (im not sure wheater it's an I or an L) has failed to operate. Windows UI will now shut down.' it appears every three seconds, quite literly, and prevents me from opening any applications. I have had to manually shut down my computer the past four days! please help! :whistling: I don't know why this is doing this, and I haven't been messing around on my system drive...if anyone knows anything about this, please help! :blink:

Advertisements

GeekMan

GeekMan

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Well...is is Home or Professional?

Professional is the one that I usually see this issue on.

If you have professional:

Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to:

HKEY LOCAL MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsNTCurrentVersionWinlogon

In the right pane scroll down to UIHost. Double click it and type this in under Value Data: logonui.exe

Let me know if this resolves it for you.

Regards,
GeekMan

Edited by GeekMan, 13 April 2006 - 09:46 AM.

dllp117

dllp117

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
thanks for answering, but it is home edition...I'll still try going to start/run/regedit. thanks again!

dllp117

dllp117

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
YAY! It worked! :whistling: :blink: :help: Thank you so much! I actually had to replace logon.exe with 0 for a value. But it worked! Thank you so much!

GeekMan

GeekMan

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
Your Welcome.

Regards,
GeekMan