Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Drivers Wont Install!

• Please log in to reply

SacKings384

SacKings384

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
My internet pictures are all out of focus and when I went to download the ATI drivers, it says "error, drivers not found" "Try installing VGA Drivers First" What should I do?

Advertisements

TechieNate

TechieNate

• Pip
  • 9 posts
have you downloaded the correct drivers for your video card ?

SacKings384

SacKings384

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
That's the problem, it won't let me. When I go install the drivers, it says "error, driver not found" "try installing or updating VGA Driver first" or something along the lines of that...

fructose

fructose

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 284 posts
Are there any ? or ! or red x's in the device manager screen? You may have corrupted device drivers that the installation program is trying to look at.

To get to the Device Manager, go to Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager

If your Dsiplay Adapter is messed up, you can right click on it, and select uninstall. After you reboot, windows will use default drivers so you'll still be able to see stuff. After that, try running the correct driver installation program, and let us know how it worked.

TechieNate

TechieNate

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hmmm... go to device manager ( Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager ) then go to Display Adapters then right click on your Your Display Adapter then click properties then click on the Driver tab and click Roll Back Driver see if that helps if not please dont hesitate to tell me

oh may i add what is your ATI Card ? is it a Radeon e.g Radeon 9250 , Radeon 9550 , Radeon 9600 , Radeon 9800 n that i need to know what model your card is

Edited by TechieNate, 13 April 2006 - 12:40 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi SacKings384...

Are you using an internet accelerator? If you are, disable it and see if the pictures clear up.

wannabe1