Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Play Streaming Video

• Please log in to reply

SacKings384

SacKings384

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
For some reason, any form of streaming video can't be played. Things like watching highlights, music videos, etc. I can download things just fine, and the internet works fine as well. But when I go to play any streaming video, it doesn't work. On yahoo movies it gives me the message "Windows Media Player Cannot Play The File. If the file is located on the internet please connect to the internet, if the file is located on a removable stoarage card, insert the storage card. Click The Play Button to try to re-connect this stream" When I click it, the same message pops up. And I am connected to the internet. I am connected through a wireless router (Linksys) anyone have any ideas?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
do y ou have any firewalls enabled? if so you need to make sure that WMP is in the allowed programs list

SacKings384

SacKings384

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
I removed the firewall and it still didn't work. I've tried everything in my power to try to fix this. I sat with a guy in a chat room for an hour going over possible solutions. None worked. I've been to countless forums with people that have had the same problem, but none listed a solution.

Casheti

Casheti

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
Well maybe, just maybe, it's one of those "sods law" things that you just can't fix. Have you got windows media player. Also, maybe it's just a virus or something that blocks you from streaming anything. If you have got Windows Media Player, try downloading Media Player 9, that is generally more supported by streaming.