Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HOW THE F DO YOU SET UP XBOX LIVE ON XBOX 360

• Please log in to reply

sean1234

sean1234

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I just got a shaw high speed internet connection today and tried to set up xbox live. so far nothing has worked. i've heard something about IP address or something but i dont really know. ive tried to get help from xbox.com but their help didnt help. at first i thought it was as simple as just connecting my ethernet cable from my modem to my console. any help would be great.

Advertisements

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
You have to set up your PPPoE settings on your XBox. To do this, you'll need your login, password and service name from your ISP. Then, from the XBox Dashboard, go to the System blade, then select network settings. From there, select Edit Settings, and push right on your D-Pad to access the Additional settings. Finally, select PPPoE. There you have to input your login, password, and service name which should all have been provided to you by your ISP. Let me know how this works out for you.

sean1234

sean1234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
no worries i just unplugged my modem and re-connected it and it worked. weird but i'll take it. thanks anyway.

ViperKillerWannabe

ViperKillerWannabe

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

no worries i just unplugged my modem and re-connected it and it worked. weird but i'll take it. thanks anyway.

Whatever works!

cokane

cokane

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
sucks when that happens its always best to try the easyist thing fight.