Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

stop:OXOOOOOO7A

• Please log in to reply

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
OXOOOOOO7A blue screen continues.computer continues to crash.... 5 hours for memory dump.

can anyone help. am i losing my head or my computer ...........help :blink: :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type chkdsk /f /r then press enter, type Y to confirm for next boot, press enter then reboot.

Windows will appear to load normally then either the monitor will show progress or the screen will go blank, do not disturb this.

This will take an hour or so before it gets to the desktop.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
I did the disk check and it came back clean. At least thats what it said. So where do i go from here. Also windows installers wont let me download programs such as office 2003 etc...... It says i might be in safe mode or windows installer might not installed correctly. I had just updated this version. Im not in safe mode I clicked on normal start-up and restart my computer. Got any ideas. :whistling: [font=Arial]

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you download and install this

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
I did download and install it but same message came back .Wonder whats blocking it. :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Make sure you are offline then disable the firewall then try the installer

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://www.sun.com/s...e/products/sgd/ Do ineed to download that product

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What are you using it for?

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
It allows my download programs like office 2003 to load into computer and when i try it pop-up and says.
Cannot perfoform action you maybe in safe mode or windows installer is in complete or needs to be updated contact help and support................
I wanted to download excel program to do some accounting.excel is in office 2003.

In my add and remove programs some programs can be uninstalled but when i try to uninstall norton corporate edition windows installer pop-up with the above mentioned message .

is it possible windows installer corrupt cause i cant uninstall it if i try a message says it will interfere with some of my programs and they wont work properly.

i tried downloading it a few times each time i was successful but the problems the same.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Where are you downloading Office 2003 from?

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
im trying to download it from cd i purchased.i dont know how come windows installers doesnt load it never had a problem like that before.<><><><><<><>its been 5 days since blue screen i been trying to keep track of that so far alls well .Ill l surely let you know if it happens again.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Run this

http://download.micr...1BD/msicuu2.exe

Look for Microsoft Office and use it to clear any but make sure you only use it for Office files

http://support.micro...spx?kbid=290301

Reboot and try the installation

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
I tried that but message came back saying ....

Windows Installer

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.
This can occur if your running Windows in safe mode,
or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installled.
Contact your support personnel for assistance.

Thats exactly what the message says after i tried to download even Windows Installer Clean up utility. Its a real mystery to me. Could it be registry i dont know any thing about that .

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete

Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then from system tools, run disc defragmenter.

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter, you need the XP CD and Windows File Protection will show a blue onscreen progress bar, when the bar goes, reboot

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
O k Did all of that ......prefetch/disk clean/defragment.sfc scannow...........